Monday, March 30, 2009

Flatstock Recap

My most anticipated SXSW event, as you all know, was Flatstock Poster Show at the Austin Convention Center. It was amazing, and overwhelming.

Artists from around the world gathered to display and sell their work to artist and art fans alike. Due to me being overwhelmed I only bought one poster (I know, lame), but it was great! It was a String Cheese Incident poster by Furturtle prints:

I think it's awesome.

Anyway I wanted to give you a glimpse of what it was like, and I found this video that shows the convention as well as some great posters.



I also found a video from the Daily Record, a Scottish paper visiting the festival. Crazy!



I really recommend any of you out there who are art fans, or even want some really cool, quality posters to visit Flatstock next year, or if you really want to they have multiple Flatstocks throughout the year, usually in Seattle and one other venue. Visit the American Poster Institute to get updates on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment